Options

Asus - Nexus 7 vs ME301T

kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm trying to decide between the new Nexus 7 and an Asus ME301T (10" screen). I use an older Nexus 7 on a regular basis that i borrow, but leaning toward a larger screen. I like the Nexus, but any opinions on the Asus?

Comments

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I can't comment on the Nexus but I have an older Asus tablet that my wife uses occasionally. I like it for what it does. My biggest complaint is the shape of the back which I find makes it less comfortable to hold. It has an odd tapered edge so holding it when reading doesnt feel natural to me.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have a 10 inch iPad which I prefer for PDF reading and Kindle technical books but find myself wishing I had a smaller tablet for just reading or casual web browsing. I probably should just get a regular Kindle device lol.
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Love my new Nexus 7 (also by Asus). The 1080p screen on a 7" tablet is just gorgeous. I find I'm using it way more than my 10" tablet...just feels great.
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I have the first Nexus 7 and love it. There's also a Nexus 10 if you want the larger screen.
    Working on Linux+
  • Options
    kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input. Office Max has a 20% off coupon/bag going on right now that's good on tablets. Also tax free on Fri and Sat in GA. Probably going to pick up a Nexus 7.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That 10" tablet has a resolution of 1280x800 while the Nexus 7 has a resolution of 1920x1200. I be inclined to wait until the Nexus 10 gets updated before going with the 10" tablet. But I see you are going with the Nexus 7 in any case so it doesn't matter...