MacNobody's ICND1 100-101 Study Log

MacNobodyMacNobody Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have tried going for CCNA before but I never actually put much effort into it.

I recently finished a BS in IS Security degree (I'm 36, I couldn't care less about going to "graduation" so that's why I "finished" instead of "graduated" :D ) and now I have much more time to dedicate to this.

I knew there was a change coming because I have started lurking around the forums again, so I purchased the new ICND1 book and will take the two-exam option. I was here long ago for A+ but I cannot remember my login information.

I am in the first chapter and having trouble with the OSI vs TCP/IP model information. Mainly I think it is me studying too late, so I am going to try to spend an hour studying earlier in the evening instead of later before bed. I may try getting up an hour earlier and see how that goes.

I will try to update this as I go along, and post any specific questions in separate threads.

Comments

• IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck and learn all you can.

Which book did you get?
    Any other materials you're using ?
  • MacNobodyMacNobody Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got Odoms ICND 1 100-101 and will pay for CBT Nugget subscription.

That is it so far
  • nopixelnopixel Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Mac, i'm at the same spot in WO's book. What helped me with the TCP/IP OSI topics was to create index cards with the information and test myself during any free time I had. This will help drive in the material.

Also feel free to share any questions you might have about it. Good luck!
    2018 goal: CCNA Collaboration - B]210-060[/B
  • bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't spend a lot of time on the OSI and TCP/IP model at the first read. Get familiar with it, type it up, print it out and keep it close by for reference as you go through the book. By the time you are finished with the book you should be pretty familiar with them. I'm on Chapter 24 and still glance at my handwritten TCP/IP model just to have as a reference as I go along.
  • todd@lammle.comtodd@lammle.com Banned Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My new CCENT ICND1 book started shipping last week. It's a big book and I have added 4 times a s many figures, hands-on labs, and even added a free LammleSim IOS Simulator with the book so you can run through ALL the detailed hands-on labs in the book. my ICND2 book, which will be out in 2-3 weeks will also have a free LammleSim IOS Simulator, you can download the sim at lammlesim.com. Todd Lammle