CUCM and voice questions

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys / Girls,

I wonder if you can help me out, I have a few queries:
  1. Do you need CCME and a Voice router to run CUCM. I pointed our phones to the tftp 150 of our CUCM server today, which has got me thinking if CCME needs to be on the router?
  2. We have a UC520 box. How can I change soft keys and voicemail etc with this? Not by using CUCM.
  3. Anything I should look out for in the voice realm?
Thanks muchly icon_smile.gif
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1) Call Manager Express will run on a Voice router such as a 2801 and you will need the IOS and all the tftp files for the version of CME that you are running. You will also need some FXS and FXO cards to connect to the PSTN and a DSP card "PVDM". This is basically what your UC520 is.

2) If you want to run CUCM and UC on a server, you can use the same 2801 with supporting cards FSX,FXO,DSP and use MGCP or H.323 to connect the CUCM to the Voice gateway "same 2801" You use the GUI in CUCM to make the pairing and all configs.

3) To connect to your UC520, You will need to run Cisco Configuration Professional on you computer and connect to the UC520. Its been almost a year since I sold mine but its pretty cut and dry on changing the soft keys. I dont think you need to know anything about Cisco to setup a UC520. They really made it for the small business owner to be able to do it.

4) A little knowledge can be dangerous. I wouldnt mess with the production equipment until you atleast get some fundamental knowledge under your belt. It can get ugly real fast.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Super, thank you very much Hondabuff! I found in the commandline that you can code in softkey templates so that's sorted that issue out icon_smile.gif
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese