Options

A+ Certified!!!

CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
I am glad to say that I am now A+ Certified!!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif It has been a long time since I tested for a cert (Sec+ in 2010), but it feels good to be testing again. icon_lol.gif

Didn't really study much for the test, I signed up for a CCNA and Net+ boot camp back in March which threw in a bonus class for A+. When I was in the class, I didn't realize how much of the material I knew on hand on already. The only that stopped me from testing back then was the fact I needed to buy my own Vouchers for both test and the fact that I was on my way to my second deployment in Afghanistan. After being here for some time I found that they have a test center out here and decided to take advantage of my down time. :)

When I tested on 801 the exam wasn't hard at all to me, but I did take my time regardless. I was surprised at my score, only scoring 753/900. When I took 802, I actually had a harder time on that exam compared to 801 but the funny thing is that I blew it out of the water with an 810/900. I find it amusing on how that works. Lol icon_cool.gif

Now I am studying for Net+ and plan to take it next weekend. The sight problem I have right now is that my study material is based on N10-004. Will this be a problem if I am testing on the 005 Exam?? Also, anyone has some friendly advice and things to look out for when taking the N10-005???

Thank you for your help and time. :)

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

Download a current copy of the NEt+ objectives to know what is currently required. There are some changes, but for the most part you should still do well.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    TNLTNL Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I have my 802 later today.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass ! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    toeknee1973toeknee1973 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    (In Progress)
    B.A. IT - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance - WGU
    HCISPP
  • Options
    AddixtionAddixtion Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! I passed my 220-701 last week and have 220-702 on Wednesday!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass! As for the Net+ know your ports and if I remember correctly the study material gives a basic troubleshooting guideline thing and it helps to follow it on some questions. Cable lengths and speeds are important also.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63