Options

Stanly CC Fall 2013 VCP 5 Class

Comments

• Options
    Radiohead316Radiohead316 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TheProf wrote: »
    It's a possibility :). Did you follow up with Stanley?

I did a little over a week ago, but Jana couldn't give a yes or no to whether I'd be in the October class. I don't want to bother again.
  • Options
    MartytoofMartytoof Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Loving this course, but I'm finding the servers a little bit on the slow side. I was away for a week so I'm getting a bit of a late start and I was really grinding my gears on the "installing vSphere Client" lab. I booked 3 hours and I wasn't entirely sure the installer would finish in that amount of time ;)

All joking aside though, glad to be in here.
  • Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Found the course very good. Hoping to run through the labs 1-2 more times while reading up on the exam blueprint.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    SimonD.SimonD. Member Posts: 111
    TheProf wrote: »
    If only you knew how many years I've waited to go on this course in general :)

Dude :p.... ;)

Should have come over here and sat it at 360 :)
    My Blog - http://www.everything-virtual.com
    vExpert 2012\2013\2014\2015
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys,

i have just signed up to the waiting list. Who are you guys in contact with at Stanly? I have a few queries i wanted to ask them.

Thanks
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SimonD. wrote: »
    Dude :p.... ;)

Should have come over here and sat it at 360 :)

Haha! I should of... Could of flew to UK, did the course and come back... probably would of been a VCAP by now :)
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Here is a screen shot of what I am getting. It says Eval license expired, but also shows the licenses I added.

• Options
    SimonD.SimonD. Member Posts: 111
    brownwrap wrote: »
    Here is a screen shot of what I am getting. It says Eval license expired, but also shows the licenses I added.

You need to assign the licenses, you can see in your picture that you're infrastructure isn't assigned to a license key.
    My Blog - http://www.everything-virtual.com
    vExpert 2012\2013\2014\2015
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    I had the same problem in the Summer class. Resolved it by deleting all the keys and entering them again (carefully, as per exact instructions)
  • Options
    SimonD. wrote: »
    You need to assign the licenses, you can see in your picture that you're infrastructure isn't assigned to a license key.

That was the whole point of my post. I couldn't assign the licenses. I finally pushed enough buttons and got the eval license deleted. Once I deleted that I could move on and assign the license. Up to that point evry time I tried to assign ta license it said it was expired. It was a never ending loop.
  • Options
    tstrip007tstrip007 Member Posts: 308 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just a FYI guys and gals, labs 8 and 9 took nearly 4 hours. OS install and cloning took awhile.
  • Options
    Sounds GoodSounds Good Member Posts: 403
    tstrip007 wrote: »
    Just a FYI guys and gals, labs 8 and 9 took nearly 4 hours. OS install and cloning took awhile.
    are all the labs that are available everything?
    On the plate: AWS Solutions Architect - Professional
    Scheduled for: Unscheduled
    Studying with: Linux Academy, aws docs
  • Options
    are all the labs that are available everything?

Believe so
  • Options
    Mallet413Mallet413 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anybody having these problems?

Having two issues with the labs.

-In Lab 9, two cloned VMs are supposed to have a file on the desktop: cpubusy.vbs. I don't see it in either of them (even though sysprep did run).

-In Lab 11, the first step is to add ESXi-2 to vCenter. When I try I get a user/pass error. When I try to log into it from the DCUI, I get the same thing, and the host is looking for a DHCP address (has already assigned itself an APIPA one).

Ben
  • Options
    Ok...I was able to get into esxi-2. Looks like it just wasn't set up, so I was able to log in with no pw (and then set it) and configure the managment network. Still can't find that .vbs file though.
  • Options
    its in the classfiles iso. Did you copy the two files from that iso onto the desktop of the vm that was supposed to be cloned?
  • Options
    linuxabuserlinuxabuser Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm about to start Lab 8 tonight. Looks like I'm in for some fun... ;)
  • Options
    Someone posted here that they had finished the class, but planned to do the labs over a couple of times. I am not sure if that person meant on their own setup, or using the school's lab. I se the class ends in October, but I don't seem to find a date. When is the last day to have everything finished up?
  • Options
    NauticaXNauticaX Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    brownwrap wrote: »
    Someone posted here that they had finished the class, but planned to do the labs over a couple of times. I am not sure if that person meant on their own setup, or using the school's lab. I se the class ends in October, but I don't seem to find a date. When is the last day to have everything finished up?

Last day of class is Oct 9th I believe
  • Options
    NauticaX wrote: »
    Last day of class is Oct 9th I believe

What needs to be completed by then apart from the labs? Quizzes?
  • Options
    Section 12 is the last section, right? Lab 18 is the final task to complete and the course is finished?
  • Options
    rob3bbrob3bb Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I finished lab 18 so I think the class is completed. Any idea when we are notified we passed the class and get registered with VMware so I can schedule the test ?
  • Options
    rob3bb wrote: »
    I finished lab 18 so I think the class is completed. Any idea when we are notified we passed the class and get registered with VMware so I can schedule the test ?
    You can schedule and take the test whenever you like. But you won't be VCP certified until you fulfill both requirements.
  • Options
    googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    I completed all the labs and reading as well. Didn't see the last few modules on the moodle site, but believe I am pretty much done. I am reviewing blueprint and seeing what other things I need to study up on, strengthen my weak areas. I am going to dive into my Mastering VMware vSphere 5 book again. I am looking to schedule the VCP exam for end of October I think. I used the voucher code from the vmware store and purchased voucher at 70% off already. Just waiting for my PearsonVue account to be sync'd up with VMware.
  • Options
    googol wrote: »
    I completed all the labs and reading as well. Didn't see the last few modules on the moodle site, but believe I am pretty much done. I am reviewing blueprint and seeing what other things I need to study up on, strengthen my weak areas. I am going to dive into my Mastering VMware vSphere 5 book again. I am looking to schedule the VCP exam for end of October I think. I used the voucher code from the vmware store and purchased voucher at 70% off already. Just waiting for my PearsonVue account to be sync'd up with VMware.

hows does this work. When I go to register on pearson vue they ask for student ID# Do I have to create an account on Vmware ?
  • Options
    You have to request exam authorization and I accidentally did the wrong exam at first. You have to do the other exam, the PSE version as that is what works with the VMware academy discount code. When exam authorization is complete and during that process, the VMware candidate ID is created and sync'd up between PearsonVue and VMware. It will show up on MyProfile portion of the certification area of VMware as well as PearsonVUE.
  • Options
    googol wrote: »
    You have to request exam authorization and I accidentally did the wrong exam at first. You have to do the other exam, the PSE version as that is what works with the VMware academy discount code. When exam authorization is complete and during that process, the VMware candidate ID is created and sync'd up between PearsonVue and VMware. It will show up on MyProfile portion of the certification area of VMware as well as PearsonVUE.
    Thanks I just registered on vmware. will try the 70% discount and schedule test
  • Options
    MartytoofMartytoof Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is Module 7 Quiz the last one showing for everyone? I guess the others will be unlocked later?
  • Options
    Yes, that is what I see too. I sent a message to the professor to check if everything is set. I do not see the final modules either it seems.
  • Options
    I am way behind in the labs. Did the quizzes, assuming there are only 7. Anyway, on lab 9 I cloned the machines, but the creation, I could not select name-CustomSpec. It went on to create the machine, but the next time I logged in, the two machines I created were 'oraphaned'. I can still see the name-CustomSpec I created, and the VMs orginally booted into Windows Server 2003, so I don't know why they would now come up 'oraphaned'. I created each on two separate sessions, but with the same result. Any thoughts?