Options

IPv6 help

MrBigglesworthMrBigglesworth Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am currently studying for my 70-642 with the 6421B book from the MS Official Course structure, and using Transcender in the practice test portion.

Does anyone have some useful IPv6 info they can give in relation to Addressing and Subnetting? The book says absolutely nothing on instances where you have a certain IPv6 address, you have already assigned 4, how many more subnets can you setup? Or another like, given this IPv6 address with a /53 prefix, what was the original? Stuff like that.

Thanks.

Otherwise I am getting mid to high 90s on the random 50 question practice tests so far.

Comments

• Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    I don't think I even had any IPv6 on my 642. I know for a fact you won't have to subnet an IPv6 address. I would maybe just be able to identify link local address and things like that. I'm terrible with v6, and it didn't cause an issue with my passing.
  • Options
    This is good to hear. There are 3 questions on the Transcender that state you have XYZ IPv6, what is the subnet ID of the 3rd subnet, how many more subnets given this particular ABC address, what is the original prefix of THIS address. I suck on this like crazy. However, all other IPv6 related questions that are not specific to addressing I am perfectly fine on in practice.
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think it's only recognising the type (link local, etc.) of address. You could check out this link and go from there.
  • Options
    Yea, no problems with Global (public), link local (apipa equivalent), unique local (private equivalent)