Options

Passed!! wooooooooooooo

Well only by the skin of my teeth! got dead on 700, abit disapointed but considering the stress ive had for the pass few weeks and not being able to study ive done well......

Still alot i need to learn, i like to know it inside out, but i think with all the GPO and OU`s, Server 2003 will fill me in on it.

So show me the 70-290 forums!! woooooooo

P.S - excellent technotes as always!

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.......

What material did you use to study?
    What was the exam like?
    Any helpful tips/pointers you can give use?
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!
    Still alot i need to learn, i like to know it inside out, but i think with all the GPO and OU`s, Server 2003 will fill me in on it.
    The server exam will indeed cover those topics again, more in depth but GPO and OU`s will be covered more heavily on the server than XP exam.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    OK OK, help the rest of us uderstand what GPO's and OU's are and how they are used so we know what we are reading. :P

Just a very brief high level overview will be great.

Thanks,
    JB
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    I used alot of materials, just the problems of using them all!

I have...

CBT nuggets
    Learnkey
    Exam Cram 2
    MS Press version 2
    Sybex
    Technotes from here...

But still you really need all the sources of info you can get as there was stuff in the exam that i didnt read/see in this my notes, keep ur eyes peeled :D
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Congrats!! I knew you could do it! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    thanks for the pray dude, i think that helped me out alot :D ...my pc froze 3 times and i was gettng some nice questions....clickin that final button....oh how time stood still!
  • Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    CONGRATULATIONS :D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    masaloumasalou Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congralutions!!!
  • Options
    jmc724jmc724 Member Posts: 415
    Well done.... icon_thumright.gif
    What next?
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Congratulations man! icon_cool.gif

I been bogged down by numerous jobsearches and couldn't get myself to begin studying the Sybex study guide. Yesterday, i started reading the Dummies book and i just can't stop. Its an awesome read, reminds me of Todd Lammles book. I would advice it to anyone. I'm now on my way to MCSE. icon_study.gif

Cheers mate
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    RastamanRastaman Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    "Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." - Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')
  • Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Alien wrote:
    Congratulations man! icon_cool.gif

I been bogged down by numerous jobsearches and couldn't get myself to begin studying the Sybex study guide. Yesterday, i started reading the Dummies book and i just can't stop. Its an awesome read, reminds me of Todd Lammles book. I would advice it to anyone. I'm now on my way to MCSE. icon_study.gif

Cheers mate

I love Dummies guides, I used them for A+ and Net+ and they worked great and are a good read.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Many of my students have had difficulty understanding the printing process because Microsoft uses different terminology than they are used to. It is not heavily covered on the exam though. Good luck on 70-290.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Contraz, Robsong! It's good to see that you have this mini-journey. As for me, I'm been job searching that I have put off studying for this exam. Now that I have seen that you have beat me to the punch, I'm now motivated to get back into the game. G-studying on the 70-290.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    RobsonGTO wrote:
    ....clickin that final button....oh how time stood still!

Tell me about it!!! icon_eek.gif Not a nice moment!!!

Congratulations on the pass - Guiness next then on to the 290?
  • Options
    Contraz, Robsong! It's good to see that you have this mini-journey. As for me, I'm been job searching that I have put off studying for this exam. Now that I have seen that you have beat me to the punch, I'm now motivated to get back into the game. G-studying on the 70-290

Yeah me too, with my job in the balance i was looking else where and didnt get much study done, hence the low pass. Luckly i passed and i got a new job. plus since ive added MCP to my CV in getting alot more call backs :D, keep the study going dude!
    Guiness next then on to the 290?

Damn right, crackin on with it now!
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    good job man!!1
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Congrats on the passing score. How did you know the score percentage? I thought Microsoft did away with releasing the percentage and only indicated PASS or FAIL??? This is what I recently heard from an instructor at New Horizons.

I am preparing for my 70-270 also. So far, one week of classroom and lab work under my belt. I passed the transcender practice simulator today with a 760. A little bit more studying and I should be ready, a little less than a week hopefully!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    P42GDell wrote:
    I thought Microsoft did away with releasing the percentage and only indicated PASS or FAIL??? This is what I recently heard from an instructor at New Horizons.
    They did, but after the huge response from exam candidates who wanted to know their score they decided to introduce the score again. That's already quite some time ago.
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Oh ok, well I wasn't following the certification market much while overseas. What is odd is that a currently certified instructor told me this. You would think he would be aware of changes especially when they were quite some time ago as you indicated icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Open Source LKOpen Source LK Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Need Help On > 70-290

icon_arrow.gif I will be facing this exam real soon!

icon_exclaim.gif I need a recent MCP, who has done this exam to guide me.

icon_lol.gif If you can please Email: opensourcelk@gmail.com

Thanks!

OSLK