Options

220 701 702 A+ exams. Im so confused!

Kostas7Kostas7 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys! I was hoping you could help me..
Next week i will give exams for a+ 220 701 702 (Both same time)
I've been studying for the past 3 months. I have studied Exam Cram,
All in one 7th edition even the cert for dummies. I am doing quite well on practice exams.
Today though, i took a test on on proprofs for 702 and i hardly answered half of them.
Too many questions about NT, 95, and 98 from which i have not read in that depth through
the books i was studying. What is the formula on the questions on the real exam?
Are they even close to the practice tests? Or are they that hard and in a so much depth?
Ex: i know i should know the post errors or the IRQs but im i supposed to remember but do i need
to know in so much depth about NT or ME or their dos commands?
Just lost my courage, feeling like i was studying for nothing.

Great forum!! Never too late!

Comments

• Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are you sure 701/702? Did you mean 801/802?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @Kostas

Download a copy of the objectives from CompTIA on the exams you will be taking. If the material appears on the objectives, it is something you should have knowledge of as it may appear on your exam.

The tests are designed to measure a candidates working knowledge. Looking for tests that match the exams has me concerned you are looking for something to assist you in cheating. This forum is not for folks who want **** of any type.

You stated you have been studying, so what type of material have you been using to prepare? A+ exams are some of the first exams folks take. It is a vendor neutral exam. Therefore the passing threshold is lower than for most other exams and the vendor neutral portion means that you will want a general knowledge of content you do not need specifics from HP, Xerox, or the others to answer questions. Therefore one's experience and study should be plenty.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I second @Plantwiz's advise downloading the objectives from the CompTIA website is a thoughtful idea in your situation, it can help you to manage time since you will be going for your exams next week and this can also help cut the extra work load in your preparation and help you focus on passing both your exams. My advise if you decide to download the exam objectives, the objectives pages will not include everything in your study material, its only there to let you know what is in the exam, so for the sake of knowledge, after writing your exams try and go back to your study material and again study what was not included in exam objectives just to have a better knowledge on A+ this will be helpful one day believe me.
  • Options
    Kostas7Kostas7 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @--chris--

701/702 yes, i have to give the exams till the end of this month.

@plantwiz

Sorry maybe i gave the wrong impression, my english is just the basic. Im not looking for cheating, or to know the questions on the exams or anything like that so, i ve been studying for 3 months 12 hours average per day, so dont say that. What im saying is that i bumped on a practice test which i could hardly answer some questions and some of them were not even covered by A+ all in one, Exam cram or any other book i read (besides sybex which i need a permanent translator to understand). Questions which maybe i need to know and maybe i dont (for the exam) but still, they were not covered by my books. I'll check again the objectives and i'll continue from there, but anyone wants to try one of these tests, pm me and i give you the link. Then you understand.. Maybe im stressing too much. Dont know. Thank you.

@Snow.bros

Thank you for your advice, for the knowledge i will do so, for now im pushed by time and i hope i covered all the objectives.
  • Options
    grave_diggergrave_digger Member Posts: 127
    I think you simply took a very old practice exam. Simple as that.

CHeck out yyoutube professor messor videos
    1776 is the answer to 1984!
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ahhh... i understand now, i thought the 700 series was retired already.

I cant offer much help since the 800 series ive been studying for has dropped almost all mentions of win95/98 other than upgrade paths to win XP.

I think grave_digger is correct, it sounds like you just found a really old practice test.
  • Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It might just be an old practice test all the material I used for 701/702 mentioned the older operating systems but nothing more. Never even had to touch any of those OSs in my labs except upgrading them to xp.
  • Options
    phdillardphdillard Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I sit for the 701/702 next week and have also read the Exam Cram and All in One and can tell you that the Proprofs questions are outdated. Half the material in them aren't covered in either book you mentioned.