Options

Passed Sec+

PhoneJockeyPhoneJockey Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to thank the contributing members of this site Darril Gibson and the site itself for the extra information and tests available so I would be able to keep sharp on the subjects of the test. I passed (although not a very high score) it was a passing score nonetheless.

All the studying I did and knowing of things I thought would be on the test still was almost not enough and yet I was about to pass so going forward I am going to try to squeeze in CCENT and on to CCNA if possible before school starts. I will be attending DSU (Dakota State University) going for Bachelor of Science in Cyber Operations. My work currently pays for my certs so I am soaking it up as much as I can at the moment.

I picked DSU because my friend went there and knows most the staff and the professor who runs the labs. He commended the school for its programs and also because of its affiliations with government agencies. Currently DSU is 1 of 4 schools that have earned the CAE-CO program from the N.S.A so hopefully this will be a great opportunity.

As always, keep moving forward.

Comments

• Options
    Arod95Arod95 Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! Good luck with all your future studies
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice!!! icon_thumright.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. Good luck with DSU - sounds like a great program.
  • Options
    vunivuni Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, i took my exam yesterday and i am happy to inform you that i passed with a score of 847.Thanks to all the practice tests from this site and all the forums.Now my Qstion is this,where to from here.i love systems security,trust me,but what i want to know is,the SSCP,how good is it in terms of moving up the ladder or should i jus go for the big fish the CISSP?my path is security in addition to having acquired A+,N+,S+,i plan to go CISSP and then CISA.plse help.
  • Options
    aaronwaaronw Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's your experience like? I chose SSCP over CISSP because it requires fewer years of experience.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @vuni, Congratulations on the Security+ pass.

The CISSP is a monster exam. Many people go to it first but everyone doesn't pass and after failing it, many people get discouraged and stop. Pursuing the SSCP as a stepping stone to the CISSP has proven to be a successful path for many people. From an employer perspective, getting the Security+ and then the SSCP does show progression. aaronw has a good point. Do you have the experience required by the CISSP?