Options

Have ICND2 scheduled for tomorrow... just not sure...

pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
Less than 24 hours, so I can't reschedule. Problem is I just want it so bad and am not good at exams like this. Passed ICND1 back in April, didn't think I even passed that one. Was amazed when I saw I did... almost felt like a fraud lol... so now I go into ICND2. Studied every single day since ICND1. Countless hours and labbing with Packet Tracer. I'm married with children, and my wife, thankfully, gives me time to study. Weekdays, weekends... anything I need. I don't want to let her down. Lately been doing practice exams and am running into things I've never seen before. IP6 still haunts me... it used to be STP. I finally nailed that and another subject comes up that frightens me. Maybe this is just some pre-exam jitters, but I feel like I don't know much of anything right now. I wish these exams were all lab based. It is the multiple choice questions with 2 or 3 answers that confuse me. They all seem the same and in my mind are tricky. I don't want tricky, I want to prove I can do the tasks on the CLI. Anyway, venting and not sure where to turn. Lucky you TE. :)

Comments

• Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I won't say the ICND2 was easy - It wasn't and it was also harder than the ICND1 - but, it wasn't nearly as difficult as I'd expected [based on Boson's practice tests and the depth of Odom's book]. It was also alot more practical (more scenario and simulation-based) than the ICND1. This was expected. One thing I would say that I found is that Lammle's book seemed to have covered most everything I needed to know. Odom's book went into alot more depth on some topics (Routing Protocols come to mind) than Lammle [and had me thinking the ICND2 was more difficult than it really was], but on the plus side it did give me a headstart on CCNP ROUTE.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try and remain calm and go into the exam as relaxed as possible. I feel the same way when I go into an exam. I start thinking about all the topics and try to convince myself that I don't remember something icon_sad.gif