Options

Studying from Books Covering Previous Version of Exam

XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
Would any of you say it's worth it to study from books covering older versions of the A+ examination?

The books I have cover 701 & 702, which I realize are still current until August 31; however, I will not be able to finish studies that soon as I have not even begun studying yet.

What I was considering is using these 2 books & then also 1 book covering the newer exams.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the replies :D
  • Options
    BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    You could. But you would need to compare the exam objectives and find an alternative resource for the stuff that is not included in the 701 book.
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's what i am doing for Net+ but i did for the knowledge and now i am reading the book for the current exam but a lot of stuff i have read in the older book talk about older hardware which are not being used any more, so from that view it is kind of a waste of time you will see that when you read the current book but as for the A+ side you can still do that but you must know the objectives will not be the same so use the objectives for the newer exam. Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    SlithySlithy Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From what i understand the objectives changed quite a bit - so i would be wary of using dated study material.
  • Options
    JLAW904JLAW904 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think the 800s touches more on Windows 7 and mobile devices compared to the 700s.
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone, for the replies. I didn't realize 700s were that different than 800s. The material used to change from 1 exam to another but not this much.