Options

Connecting GNS3 to Virtual Hosts Question...

kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys/gals. I've been running GNS3 on my laptop for a while now, but never have figured out how to add more than one VMWare Virtual host. I'm using a loopback adapter to connect my host to my laptop's ethernet connection, which connects to my virtual GNS3 routers. I want to use more than one host. Is there a way to install virtual network cards in Windows, with more loopback adapters connected to these virtual adapters, and readable by GNS3 to install more than one VMWare host? My copy of GNS3 (latest) cannot see the virtual adapters created by VMWare Player (or Workstation). Any way around my predicament?

My current laptop specs are:
Core i7
32GB RAM (Yes...gigs)
2 Raid 0 128GB SSD Drives
Quadro Graphics

I'm sure my rig can handle this if it's possible. Thanks for any possible help.
WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
Courses:
Done!!!

Comments

• Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My answer is yes. However, I do not have the solution. When I studied for my CCNA Voice a few years ago (2010), I used GNS3 and vmWare workstation to make calls on IP Communicator on 2 Windows XP clients across a WAN.

Now a days, I just use Virtual Box (though I prefer Workstation) because of how they incorporated it in GNS3. Last fall when I submitted my Capstone to WGU, I created a proof of concept using GNS3, Virtual Box and Workstation (for ACS). I had a couple virtual NICs.

I did google it and found how to use Virtual NICs in vmWare to communicate with hosts.

I'm sure someone will chime in.
  • Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just figured it out. I added the adapters manually in Workstation, rebooted, and the ran GNS3 as an administrator. It works!
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    kanecain wrote: »
    rebooted

3 times amirite