Options

New CWSP exam to be released January 2nd, 2006

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
I just received email from the CWNP on the next revision of the CWSP exam:

We are excited to announce the new objectives for exam PW0-200, Wireless LAN Security. The exam is being updated to include new technologies used in wireless security.

The updated exam will cover recent changes in wireless technology, including

- 802.11i and WPA2 expansion
- WIPS use and features
- WLAN switch use and feature sets
- The latest WLAN attacks, and how to prevent them

The exam remains vendor-neutral - as do all the CWNP exams - and prepares IT professionals on how to secure any wireless network, not just that of a specific vendor.

Exam PW0-200 will be updated on January 2nd, 2006.

The new exam objectives are available online for review (at http://www.cwnp.com/exams/pw0200_objectives_2006.html).

Candidates who have studied or are currently studying the current exam objectives should register to take the exam before December 31st, 2005.

An updated practice test will be released along with the exam on January 2nd.

McGraw Hill will be publishing a new official CWSP Study Guide. A date for publication has not been set yet, but is estimated in the spring of 2006.

Stay tuned to the CWNP Program - we have big news coming up in October about a brand new wireless certification.

Sincerely,
Kevin Sandlin,
CEO and Co-Founder
CWNP Program

Comments

• Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The CWSP exam is now changed to the new version. Even if you registered before January 2, you will get the new exam. Also, the practice questions for CWSP have been updated. If you purchased the CWSP exam questions you will automatically be upgraded to the new questions. I'm actually about to check them out to see how different the new exam is.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    If you purchased the CWSP exam questions you will automatically be upgraded to the new questions. I'm actually about to check them out to see how different the new exam is.
    Yes, you are correct. I just logged into cwnp.com, looked at the on-line CWSP practice exams, and they have been changed to the new PW0-200 exam. I'll certainly have to also give the new questions a run-through. Thanks for the heads up.