Options

On the first chapter of ICND2 Odom book, am i too late?

BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
Afternoon,

i've got my lab set up and have started doing some VLAN testing/work. I'm currently on the first chapter of this book but im not sure if i'll finish before the 30th September and do the ICND2 exam.

Not sure if i'm doing the right thing here, do i just carry on or do i wait for the new ICND2 book n exam?

Anyone in a similar situation to me? what would you recommend?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Honestly, I would say just continue to use the current book. While the exam may be different itself, the principles of IOS commands, subnetting, and networking conecpts aren't going to change at all. I would just continue to use the book you have, as I personally believe it will be valid for either the old ICND2 exam or the newer version.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You already did CCENT and honestly you will find that the amount of actual new material isn't all that much. The chapters are a lot shorter and if you can read through them and do all the exercises, you will be ready in a couple of weeks.