Options

Passed ICND1!

Boxer77Boxer77 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got a 917. I was impressed with my category breakdowns until I saw the WAN configuration at 40%. That's one area that I don't deal with it so I'm not taking it too hard.

Thank you all for your help. It was greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    congrats
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    kaytauruskaytaurus Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.... Best wishes on the road ahead.
  • Options
    sixtytensixtyten Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! now go celebrate
  • Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    I will be taking ICND1 before 9/30. What did you use to study? i've used CBT nuggets, packettracer, home lab x1 1841, x2 2950's and basic labbing. Anything else?
  • Options
    Boxer77Boxer77 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PCSPreston wrote: »
    I will be taking ICND1 before 9/30. What did you use to study? i've used CBT nuggets, packettracer, home lab x1 1841, x2 2950's and basic labbing. Anything else?

I used the Odom book. I also purchased cisco's lab simulator. For practice tests I used the Boson exams. I also bought the NetSim program and used that to get more comfortable with the commands. I would highly recommend the Boson products.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    robp12robp12 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Boxer77 wrote: »
    I used the Odom book. I also purchased cisco's lab simulator. For practice tests I used the Boson exams. I also bought the NetSim program and used that to get more comfortable with the commands. I would highly recommend the Boson products.

I'm using a similar setup to study now. Taking my CCENT August 27th. I've been reading Wendell Odom's book, watching CBT Nuggets and re-enforcing concepts with Boson NetSim labbing.

I originally started studying with Lammle's book but found it a little too confusing. I've been able to absorb Odom's explanations much better and it's lead to more efficient studying so I'm hopeful!
    Currently Studying:
    Northwestern University - Masters of Science, Information Systems GPA 4.0
    CCNA certification

Completed: Elon University - BSBA, Marketing May 2012
  • Options
    Hammerhead786Hammerhead786 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Congrats, and great score!
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • Options
    PCSPrestonPCSPreston Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 127
    Excellent. I should be set I have netsim, labsim, cisco press, labbing with x1841 x2950's. :) wish me luck! next month sometime before 9/30th!