Options

Good test center experience in NYC?

workfrom925workfrom925 Member Posts: 196
Wow! Just learned it costs $300 to take the CCNA exam. Anyway, I found the following test centers around 34th Street in New York City. Do any of you know which one gives a good test-taking experience? Does it matter?

[TH="width: 1%"][/TH]
[TH][/TH]
[TH="width: 30%"]Test Center[/TH]
[TH]Information[/TH]
[TH="align: right"]**Distance[/TH]
[TH]City[/TH]
[TH]State/Province[/TH]
[TH]Country[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]Map[/TH]

NetCom Learning
info_off.gif
New York
New York
United States
map.gif

Ace Institute of Technology
info_off.gif
New York
New York
United States
map.gif

Cambridge Business Institute
info_off.gif
New York
New York
United States
map.gif

The Technical Institute of America, Inc.
info_off.gif
New York
New York
United States
map.gif

New York Business Institute
info_off.gif
New York
New York
United States
map.gif

Comments

• Options
    bbarrickbbarrick Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    300 for the composite. 150 each for the two exam route.
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I only use New York Business Institute. They may be small, not too fancy, and slightly cramped but it's a walk-in center that's centrally located near Grand Central and they open up to 9:30 PM on weeknights, with Saturday testing (closed Sundays).
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    Ivanjam wrote: »
    I only use New York Business Institute. They may be small, not too fancy, and slightly cramped but it's a walk-in center that's centrally located near Grand Central and they open up to 9:30 PM on weeknights, with Saturday testing (closed Sundays).

How is that different from other test center? The Walk-in part? You have to schedule a test time with them first at the Pearson VUE site, right?
  • Options
    Carpe PorcusCarpe Porcus Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What are the red Xs for?
    “I'm always admitting I'm wrong. That's how I eventually get to right.”
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    open up to 9:30 PM on weeknights, with Saturday testing (closed Sundays).

Wow, it would be nice to have something like this in San Antonio. Centers here are not open late, and are usually closed on the weekends. (I say "usually" because they are rarely open on the weekend.)
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @workfrom925 - NYBI is a walk-in test center - this means that you walk in, pay for your test and take it right there and then - I have taken all the tests you see on the left hand side by just walking in and taking the test without scheduling with PearsonVue or Prometric beforehand.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    kingholmeskingholmes Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That would a great option to have. There has been times where I just felt I was ready to take the test right now. Benefits of living in the big city I guess.
  • Options
    @workfrom925 - NYBI is a walk-in test center - this means that you walk in, pay for your test and take it right there and then - I have taken all the tests you see on the left hand side by just walking in and taking the test without scheduling with PearsonVue or Prometric beforehand.

Nice. Thanks.