Options

I took the 640-816 today and I passed!!!

methodicalmethodical Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
The material was easier for me than the CCENT however it took me a lot longer than expected. As a result with 10 mins left and 11 problems to go I was faced with an Simulation problem and I knew if I completed it ( I knew how) I wouldn't have enough time to finish the test and I got teary eyed ( and I don't cry!).

But I decided to skip the simulation and finished the exam with 1 min left. I passed with an 832!!!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

I used Odom CCNA guide books and Boson NetSim and Boson Practice tests and the motivation from reading this site to self-study everyday! Wouldn't of made it this far without the people on this site! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Now I will be studying for the Security+

Comments

• Options
    lamha88lamha88 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Sounds like it's time to open up a cold one icon_lol.gif. I plan on sitting the 640-816 soon. Reading your post sure is giving me a push in a positive direction. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I also plan on taking the 640-816 soon....Gotta beat the deadline!
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, you must of done well on everything else to skip a sim and pass!! I'm sitting the ICND2 in 2 days...eeek!
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!! The Security+ will be a piece of cake after the Cisco exams.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea, I didn't think you could skip a sim and pass! lol Does it matter? No, because you passed! Congrats and enjoy your victory!
  • Options
    methodicalmethodical Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pamccabe wrote: »
    Yea, I didn't think you could skip a sim and pass! lol Does it matter? No, because you passed! Congrats and enjoy your victory!

I don't want to go into any details but I finished half of the sim then went on.
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on your Security+ studies!!