Options

Cisco Prime (NCS or WCS) wireless coverage maps

TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
Hello.

Does anyone here have this and a large campus style site? And do you have the maps set out as individual buildings or one very large map with all of the buildings on it?

Our main site is 500 metres across and 250 metres high which consists of one large building that travels the whole width of the site and several smaller out buildings. Back in the WCS days these were segmented into small individual areas. However when we migrated to Prime I experimented with one large floor plan for the whole site and it is epic when you are looking at the coverage but not so good when adding in new access points (takes an age to recompute the RF prediction) and also has a recommended upper limit of 100 per floor map but it will add more than this to the map. Has anyone exceeded this amount by much?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't exceeded the 100 mark, but my largest map is 675 x 400 ft with 98 APs. It works fine at that size.

I also have a campus site with 5 maps and 180 APs across them. Also works fine.

That being said, the more APs on the map, the longer the RF prediction takes if it needs to recalculate from moving/adding/removing APs.