Options

Passed ICND2!

SeanStacksSeanStacks Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Like so many others, I have browsed the forums for info, tips and inspiration without registering or posting. I passed the ICND2 yesterday with a 944 and I can honestly say that I couldn't have done it without TE. SO

I took the CCNA exam for the first time in 1999. Failed by 6 points. If I had known better, I would have reviewed my study material and retaken the test ASAP. But I didn't try again until 2008. Failed again.

Fast forward to July, 2013. Took the ICND1 and failed by one question. Yes, one question. UUGGHH! So close. This time though, I continued to study and retook the test 7 days later. Passed with 850. YIPPEEE!

I was planning to take the composite exam so all of my study material was geared towards that. But, for some reason, the ICND1 material took forever to stick. I had the routing and switching side of it down. I think that is why I scored high on the INCD2 but low on the ICND1.

So, my situation is another reason why splitting the tests should also be considered for some as an option.

I studied with the CBT Nuggets videos, Todd Lammle CCNA 640-802 (7th Edition), Google searches, YouTube videos and TechExams.net

I purchased a few routers and switches, but I kept gravitating to GNS3 and Packet Tracer.

Whenever I needed motivation to study and lab, I would come here and read the post of people that have passed. Then I would go to CareerBuilders.com and check out the salaries of positions of various networking positions

For those that are on their Cisco journey, I say never give up (it took me 14 years!), dig deep when the studying starts dwindle and keep your eyes on the prize.

Sean icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• Options
    Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations!!! Thanks for the study tips
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    W2G!!! I'm sitting my ICND2 in less than 24 hours! icon_thumright.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to stick with it, congrats!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    SeanStacksSeanStacks Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! It's been a long time coming!
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    Nice score!