Options

CISM prep tool

ntuser2000ntuser2000 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone tried the Boson CISM exam prep simulator? I have been using the review guide and the exam review question database practice exams. My trending score is 84% and my domain scores are all at or above 80%. The Boson questions seemed very different from the ISACA database exam questions and I thought the difference might be useful in learning to think the "right way" instead of just repeating and possibly memorizing answers, not learning concepts. My concern is if the content is not useful or even possibly less accurate, it could just be a distraction this close to the exam.

Comments

• Options
    cissp007007cissp007007 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Was the Boson Cism test exam of any use ?
  • Options
    ScottFiestaScottFiesta Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can assure you that the format and style of questions you encounter in the official ISACA Review Manual and Test Question manual is nearly identical to what you'll be exposed to in the exam itself. It's certainly ok to supplement the official study material but I highly recommend against replacing it.

Good luck in your studies.
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    I can assure you that the format and style of questions you encounter in the official ISACA Review Manual and Test Question manual is nearly identical to what you'll be exposed to in the exam itself. It's certainly ok to supplement the official study material but I highly recommend against replacing it.

Good luck in your studies.

^This!^
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As everyone said "stick to isaca's official materials"
  • Options
    ScottFiestaScottFiesta Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As everyone said "stick to isaca's official materials"

A lesson which is a significant departure from what is commonly recommended with ISC2 CISSP materials.
  • Options
    TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    A lesson which is a significant departure from what is commonly recommended with ISC2 CISSP materials.

This is very true. However, ISC2 has just changed publication vendors, and is starting to release new practice test materials. I believe that they realize that they are losing potential revenue, and are looking to adopt a model closer to ISACA to gain that stream of $.