Options

book

p1xelsp1xels Member Posts: 114 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
Any suggestions for some good books for ccna hands-on?
Warm Regards

Comments

• Options
    WilyOneWilyOne Member Posts: 131
    There are two top choices. The gold standard is the official Cisco Press books by Odom, and the Sybex book by Lammle is popular as well. The two authors have different writing styles so pick the one that works for you.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    For "hands-on" I would use a simulator. :D

Books are for learning theory, unless they include practice labs but in that case you will still need a simulator.
  • Options
    The Odom books comes with a simulator, and I believe the Lammle book does as well. Just take the labs and apply them to your real-life hands on equipment.

However I think hands on is better than a simulator. If all you've ever touched is a sim, then you don't know how to use real equipment.
  • Options
    p1xelsp1xels Member Posts: 114 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,
    Thanks for the advices. But my question relates to the book "CCNA portable command guide" by Scott Empson.
    I already have the Odom cert library,then Cisco press network simulator,packet tracer 5.3.3 ,GNS3,Todd Lammle book,Boson practice exams. Anything more is necessary?
    Please suggest me if the above book is a good purchase or waste of money.
  • Options
    p1xels wrote: »
    But my question relates to the book "CCNA portable command guide" by Scott Empson.
    Not sure if you're looking for a study aid or just as a reference. IMO that would not be overly useful as a study aid. If you have to look up the commands then you're in trouble for the exam.

As a reference, it might be handy to have. But in the real world you can't be referring to a book all the time. And remember the built-in help functions/command completion would assist you with any options you forgot.

So having that book can't hurt, but I would not call it necessary.

My .02 :)