Options

CCNA Exploration Course & Networking Academy Students....

JLAW904JLAW904 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm in the Cisco Net Academy, I completed level 2 (Routing Protocols & Concepts) and about to start the level 3 course (LAN Switching & Wireless), then start level 4 (Accessing the WAN) in about 8 weeks.

I was off to a rocky start with the routing, but once I really grasped subnetting, all the labs became way easier. I finished the course and final practical test (configuring a network with EIGRP) with an A. But between my 4 classes last semester, about 80% percent of my studies went into just that one class.

My question is-- what's the hardest part of the course? The book for LAN Switching this semester is like 100 pages less and I'm wondering if it's gonna be a piece of cake compared to the Routing Protocols, or if it's about to get even harder....?

I just got my A+ and Net+ and now I'm right in the middle of studying for my Linux+ and it's kicking my butt. I'm starting to think I'm putting too much on my plate while working 40-48 hour weeks.

Comments

• Options
    nb-nb- Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I finished LAN Switching & Wireless last week, and are 3 chapters into Accessing the WAN now.. CCNA 3 is with no doubt the easiest of the four semesters. I felt pretty confident all the way through, the last one however (Accessing the WAN) is a lot harder.. Im 3 chapters in and i feel like i dont understand anything. LAN Switching & Wireless was to me, all about getting the highest possible score in the final test, i'll be happy enough to just pass CCNA 4.
  • Options
    JLAW904JLAW904 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well that's a bit of relief (for now, anyway). At what point do you feel ready for the CCENT?
  • Options
    revadrevad Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JLAW904 wrote: »
    Well that's a bit of relief (for now, anyway). At what point do you feel ready for the CCENT?

I took the CCENT after CCNA 3 at school and passed fairly easily. Doing the CCNA 4 now on my own now and take the ICND2 in a couple of weeks to get in before the deadline.

I agree with the poster above that 3 was the easiest.