Options

Train signal 70-640

ClapDemCheeksClapDemCheeks Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has anyone used Train Signal (Ed Liberman version) to study for 70-640? If so how would you rate them?

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I only had a glance at the video and was okay, but I reckon CBT Nuggets' video was better. James Conrad usually does a decent jobs of these videos.

Just dont use these videos as your primary resource and you'll be just fine.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    ClapDemCheeksClapDemCheeks Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So i should be good with CBT nuggets + exam cram book?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nuggets + Exam Cram + Unleashed 2008 R2/Mastering R2 + MS Press book + TechNet + lots of labbing = Pass

You can leave out Exam Cram if your strapped for cash, it's something you'd use when your closer to your exam date, not as your regular study material.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    kingorankskingoranks Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,Can you help me with 70-640 video pls?I am looking at doing the server 2008 certification?
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would rate the Trainsignal video as OK. Depends on where you are at... if you are relatively new to Windows Server, I would go with CBT. I chose Trainsignal for the included practice exams.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    Trainsignal has a free 3-day trial. Watch their 640 series, do the practice tests in the 3 days ... form an opinion whether or not to cancel your subscription or to let it ride. The subscriptions run month-to-month, so your cost is $49 if you use their videos and tests for a month.
  • Options
    phonicphonic Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Whenever I've gone for a cert, I've always watched both the CBT and TS video series. While the lesson plans are fairly identical, I've found that they both provide different sets of information. Neither one provides everything, but combining the two usually works out well. I've also found that TS seems to go into the technical details much more, while CBT gives better real world examples that help drive in the core concepts.