Options

interested in getting CCA xenap 6.5

alphabanksalphabanks Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am interested in getting a CCA in Xenapp 6.5. I would like to ask what study material are you all using? I have looked around but I don't really see any books focused on the CCA are you all just downloading the official manuals from the site and using those. I would like to get some cbt's maybe Cbtnuggets or Train Signal let me know which ones you guys like.

Comments

• Options
    teancum0teancum0 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also looking into doing this. I started flipping through the book linked below.
    Getting Started with Citrix XenApp 6.5: Guillermo Musumeci: 9781849686662: Amazon.com: Books

It seem like the way to go. I all ready have a decent amount of Citrix experience but came to the conclusion that I need to strengthen my windows skills before I look too much more at doing Citrix. I would be interested in finding out what materials others have used to actually get this certification and if any one is looking at XenDesktop 7 stuff yet.

Thanks
  • Options
    jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm. I think both of them offer some previews for free on their websites. There is a lot to do with the personality of the presenter. One of them you might find relaxed. But some one else might consider him to ramble on or not treat the subject matter seriously.
    I will say train signal did have a much better lab setup video in the first few presentations. Also remember that you need to learn XA6.5 and there are few (nice) features that citrix will want to promote heavily in the exam (after all, they want you to upgrade too).

Can I also suggest theurbanpenguin. He is a little slower (and less american) but does some very helpful videos.

TheUrbanPenguin : Citrix Tutorials

One final hint - make sure you crank up 720 on the resolution on youtube or you wont be able to read anything!