Options

2911 and CCP

shimabukushimabuku Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just acquired a 2911 from a friend. When I access the device via http I just get a basic page.

Isn't CCP suppose to provide more options than what is in pic?

Comments

• Options
    gregorio323gregorio323 Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You have to download the CCP application from the Cisco website.
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's not CCP. It's the default web page for all Cisco Devices. CCP [and its predecessor SDM] have to be downloaded from Cisco and installed on the router.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    theodoxa wrote: »
    That's not CCP. It's the default web page for all Cisco Devices. CCP [and its predecessor SDM] have to be downloaded from Cisco and installed on the router.

CCP is installed on your PC, not your router.

Not to shamelessly self promote, but I wrote up a guide on my blog a while back about setting up CCP with GNS3 - same principle would apply to real equipment. It's in my signature if you're interested.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will need this version "cisco-config-pro-k9-pkg-2_7-en" and it must be installed on your computer. There is an express version that you can install on the CF card but its pretty lame. I do everything CLI and only use CCP for Site to Site VPN or Voice configs.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    iamme4eva wrote: »
    CCP is installed on your PC, not your router.

Not to shamelessly self promote, but I wrote up a guide on my blog a while back about setting up CCP with GNS3 - same principle would apply to real equipment. It's in my signature if you're interested.

What about the Admin Files or are those not really needed?
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]