Question with Microsoft Certs

blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to clarity.. whats the diff betweem Windows Server 2003, Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000.. cuz there r MCSE/MCSA tracks on each of them.. oh yeah.. r Microsoft Certs harder than Cisco certs?

also....uhh, which practice tests r considered brain **** and which r not?

thnx for da info

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Well, each track concentrates on a different OS. The latest is 2003, but some people still go for 2000 because a lot of companies still use 2000. I don't think you can get the NT4 anymore, it's outdated. As far as which is harder, M$ Vs Cisco, well it depends on the individual. I say a cert is only as hard as you make it. If you study and practice, nothing is impossible. Decide on what you want to do in IT, then choose. And for the **** crap, anything that guarantees a pass is probably a braindump.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what about trancender and boson... they refund u if u fail
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    I will dare to say Cisco exams are harder than MS exams. I have taken 13 MS exams, and didnt fail one. I failed the 640-811 the first time I took it. Higher passing score, more obscure material, and often times more expensive lab material.

NT 4.0 MCSE is completely gone, its still "recognized", but not really "accepted" as an MCSE anymore (if that makes any sense). I had to completely redo the MCSE track because I slacked and didnt complete the single test upgrade when they anounced the Nt 4.0 demise. Nt 4.0 was based on a flat domain space, and both your 2k and 2k3 are based on hierarchical domain spaces (Active Directory), thus putting the final dagger in Netware (yay icon_lol.gif )
    what about trancender and boson... they refund u if u fail

Those are just practice exams, you should never rely on a practice exam, unless you are sure in your answers due to the fact that you have covered the material using a few sources.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ic.......... thnx for the info........... ive been thinking of startin to prep for either the MCSE or CCNP........

how is the BSCI btw? is it a major leap in difficulty from the NA level stuff.. cuz some pple tell me dat i need some exp before tryin to go for the NP
  • johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    ^

Its pretty intense, the books are huge icon_eek.gif
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p