Options

Odom CCNA Book - Arrived!

Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally received the 200-120 Odom study guide! Focusing on the CCENT first instead of the 1-exam route. I've been studying the new CBT Nuggets by Jeremy for a couple of weeks now but I think I'm going to put them on the back burner and start with the book (or should I finish the video series first?)
prxb.jpg
oojc.jpg
"Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown

Comments

• Options
    MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    They look good, I originally wanted the library too. But it's slow to market other than direct through cisco press. I ended up ordering the individual books through Amazon. Didn't seem worth the wait just for the storage box :p

Book and nuggets: Most people will watch a video then read the book chapter for further detail and fill in gaps. The videos by themselves aren't enough & Jeremy's teaching style can help when the book isn't quite clicking by itself. Using them in conjunction is a good way to go.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    WOW! The CCNA books keep getting thicker :p
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That CCENT book looks about as thick as the ROUTE FLG!
    WOW! The CCNA books keep getting thicker :p
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your best bet is to watch the CBT nugget and then read each Chapter that corresponds to it. Also put in some lab time in between .
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah that CCENT book is huge.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Yes, the CCENT book is huge now. I bought it on the first day it came out because I'm mentoring a friend and I thought it would make the perfect gift to start his IT career with. The first 170 pages or so of the CCENT book is all Network+-type material. You don't actually even get to the Cisco CLI until after that point
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Kenneth196Kenneth196 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, the CCENT book is huge now. I bought it on the first day it came out because I'm mentoring a friend and I thought it would make the perfect gift to start his IT career with. The first 170 pages or so of the CCENT book is all Network+-type material. You don't actually even get to the Cisco CLI until after that point
    Looks like everyone has similar advice regarding CBT Nuggets and the book. All of it sounds good! I definitely plan on utilizing both study methods, as well as some labbing. Until I get a physical lab set up fully, I'll have to rely on the sim that came with the book, as well as packet tracer (I think I have 5.3.3 at the moment). Iris: I'm glad to hear that the first chunk of it is Network+ material. Should be a review to me. Your friend will thank you in the long run! Nice certs btw.
    "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks." - Unknown