Re-Certify CCNA Changes Since 2007

DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, I got my CCNA back in 2007 and it has since expired. I'm planning to re-certify ASAP & then progress to CCNP...etc from there. I still have the Sybex 6th edition book which is great. I know there were some additions to the CCNA since I took it and I'm curious if my current book is sufficient. I've been a Network Engineer for the last six years so I'm pretty much just wanting to brush up on some of the trivia type questions. Any recommendations on whether I should buy the Sybex 7th edition book? Also, are there any documents showing the exact differences between the test I took & what they are offering now? I realize the exam changes again in September so I'm trying to get this done soon. I wasn't able to find this specific question elsewhere so I apologize in advance if its already been covered. Thanks

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Your best bet is to just look at the exam topics and make sure you are up to speed on them. If any are not in the book you have find supplemental info to help you out.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, unfortunately the exam topics that are listed are typically broad topics and not very detailed.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    There really isn't anything else you can go on.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My suggestion would be to pick up the current edition of Lammle's book and skim it [or read it if you have time]. Anything you feel weak on read. Odom's books are good too, but a bit more detail than you really need for the CCNA. They did give me a headstart on ROUTE though.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]