Options

Passed Net+!

JimehbooJimehboo Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed n10-005 today! I used this site a lot so I decided to post. Thanks everyone here for some great information.

I used the following
- Tech Exams (of course)
- Mike Meyers All in one Net+ book w/practice test
- Professor Messer
- CompTIA Certification Training
- Free CompTIA Network+ Study Guide by MC MCSE & Practice Test

- http://www.subnetting.net

Of course I goggled stuff too.

My score was 809/900. I felt I could do better and I'm pretty sure I over analyzed some easy questions. I got one subnetting questions and I NAILED it haha. I'm pretty sure I got the simulation questions wrong but oh well.

Now it's CCNA time!

Comments

• Options
    BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great on the pass
    Hmmm sub-netting question?
    Care to share?
    Congratulations
  • Options
    ManvirManvir Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Was there alot on the type of cables? and also what questions about the models did you get?
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • Options
    JimehbooJimehboo Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Baack wrote: »
    Great on the pass
    Hmmm sub-netting question?
    Care to share?
    Congratulations

I forgot to mention I used the following site for subnetting. I'm not sure if its the best but I liked it and it worked for me. If you can do the practice questions there you will be more then fine.

Subnetting Practice Questions
    Manvir wrote: »
    Was there a lot on the type of cables? and also what questions about the models did you get?

I recommend learning your cables but mainly the connectors. The hardest for me was learning the fiber connectors because I have no real world experience with fiber.

The practice questions for the models are probably going to be harder then the ones on the test. You need to have a good understanding on what layer protocols operate at.
  • Options
    gchild00gchild00 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass and thanks for the resources. I will put them to good use!
  • Options
    Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Good luck on the CCNA.