Options

Self Paced Training MS book and Lab setup question

MrBigglesworthMrBigglesworth Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
OK so I am about to get this book and looking at the Amazon preview there are labs that can be used with the help of this book. I just need assistance on getting the networking portion setup.

I have 3 VMs installed using VM Ware Fusion on my core i7 MacBook pro.

The computer names are dcsrv1, boston and binghampton.

How do I need to configure the networking from within VMWare so that all the systems can communicate with each other? The default setting (shared with Mac) gives each system a 172.16.x.x IP address and all can connect to the internet but they cannot see or ping each other. Using the Private to my Mac option gives a 192.168.x.x address, no internet and they still cant communicate or ping with each other. What step am I missing here?

Comments

• Options
    MrBigglesworthMrBigglesworth Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Never mind, friend of mine advised disable firewall in each instance...all is good now.
  • Options
    GDL-LCGDL-LC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    While that might work, disabling the firewall isn't a good practice or a good way to learn how to correct issues.

Look over the firewall logs to see what ports it's blocking the activity on and open just them, you will learn more on firewall rules and ports just by doing that then you would think.
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    +1 to the response above. Disabling the firewall will solve your issue - but there is more in learning how to configure it to allow the traffic you want through.