Options

CCIE: Data Center thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't touched anything cert wise in some time. Very burnt out and I have other hobbies I'd like to spend my non-working time on. Even the idea of studying for the v5 Written to renew my CCIE makes me feel "eh".
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I'm right there with you. I passed the CCIE SP written and decided not to go for the lab as I was too burnt out. I have financial incentive for another track, but I'm postponing until after my 3rd (and last) little one arrives in early 2015.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • Options
    Still not back to this yet, but I'm doing some of the tests on the CCNP: DC path for our partner levels at work. I did purchase an IPX subscription since I think their DC material will be better than INE's. Anyone who has a sub to IPX gets 50% off their workbooks. And they are running a 50% off promo this weekend, so I bought both workbooks for 75% off. Probably will be a few months before I jump in (VCP up next probably), but I figured I'd lock in the super cheap price now.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hmm - CCNP: DC isn't a bad idea. If my understanding is correct, with a CCIE, one can now directly sit the CCNP: DC exams? I.e. no need for CCNA: DC
  • Options
    Yeah CCIE can be counted as a prereq to just about everything, if not everything.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□