Options

CCIE Written exam lifetime

BGPBGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dears,
I have a question please

My ccie r/s written exam will be expired after 1 month and I plan to take the ccie SP written exam after 10 days ...
Is that will renew my r/s written or not?

Please advise me

Comments

• Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If your R/S exam has expired then I think you will need to do it again.

Passing the SP Written exam would mean you would have a passed SP but an expired R/S still.
  • Options
    BGPBGP Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you mean there are no relation between SP and R/S ?

yes my R/S still valid but i plan to take the SP and i want my R/S to be updat How?
  • Options
    thadizzythadizzy Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All expert exams refresh all other expert exams, the same as for the other levels.
    So if you pass ANY expert exam (such as SP CCIE written or lab) it will automaticly refresh your R&S aswell.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yes but if the R/S has expired - will this refresh that one too?

I thought once a written was expired, the candidate would need to go sit that exam again.

The original question is a bit unclear, but from what I can make out - he says his R/S is expiring in a month, but he plans to take the SP in 10 days - in THAT case- then yes it would refresh it.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    thadizzy wrote: »
    All expert exams refresh all other expert exams, the same as for the other levels.
    So if you pass ANY expert exam (such as SP CCIE written or lab) it will automaticly refresh your R&S aswell.

The exams renew certifications, not other exams as far as I know. So if you have an active CCIE R&S you can renew it with a SP Written but it won't reactivate the time on just another written exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.