Options

Multiple positions posted from one company, do I apply to all of them or just one?

--chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
A large healthcare IT service provider, I am guessing they have around 1000 IT employees that are hired into Healthcare facilities to do things like Helpdesk, etc...posts many jobs through its website.

There are about a dozen Helpdesk type jobs within 30 miles of me posted on the site, should I apply to all of them or just one of them?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd apply to them all. They may go to separate managers or supervisors.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Personally I would apply for all of them... if they are all advertised individually (eg have their own unique job reference number). However if they are all advertised as a job lot (eg 1 advert with 1 reference number), then only apply for one.

A mate of mine didn't get the job he applied for and was told that because he had only applied for that one job that he couldn't be considered for the other posts. Luckily he quicky applied for the other position and got it :)
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Agree. With job hunting I always err on the side of caution. Apply away.
  • Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks guys, I will run down the list today and apply.

There are a lot of remote jobs available as well, mostly in web programming languages (.NET, ASP, PHP). PM me for the URL if interested.