Resume Suggestions

mrcs4lifemrcs4life Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I came across this website and just love it! There is so much useful information!

Would someone mind taking a look at my resume and giving any suggestions? I've been doing QA Software Testing but now I am thinking about applying for a level 3 support position. I don't want to take out all of my testing qualifications because I think that's very important when you're in help desk/support.
Thank you in advance!

OBJECTIVE
To further pursue my desired career in Computer Information Systems and become a part of a company’s desire to be more competitive and successful. I will do this by implementing my best efforts and acquired skills to resolve each problem as if it was my own personal issue while working quickly and efficiently to resolve the issues.

SUMMARY

• 5 plus years of solid experience testing of web based software applications
  • Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
  • Proficient in software development life cycle including test strategy preparation, test plan development, test case creation, test execution and bug tracking.
  • Tested People Soft and websites in Waterfall and Agile development processes.
  • Analyzed business requirements, software requirement specifications to create test plan and text case for manual and automated testing.
  • Experienced in different types of testing, functional, system, regression, integration, UAT and performance testing.
  • 2 plus years of help desk experience that includes troubleshooting/assisting customers with software/system application slowness.
[h=4][/h]TECHNICAL SKILLS:
  • Test Case Development and implementation
  • MS Office Applications, Suite and Clear Quest
  • Test Automation Tools; HPQC (9.2 &11.0)
  • Bug Tracking Tools, Jira
  • Languages; XML, HTML, JavaScript, SQL
  • Oracle

[h=2]PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE[/h]
ABC CompanyConsultant at XXX April 2013 – Present
Support Analyst

Achievements:
  • Successfully converted MS Access databases from 2003 to 2010.
  • Took responsibility in replicating Access menu from 2003 and coding in Access 2010 using XML and presenting a user friendly UI.
  • Created all documentation for coding and user interface.
  • Established a trusted relationship with the end users using the databases.
Responsibilities:
  • Responsible for supporting migration from Access 2003 to 2010
  • Coding XML data per requirements
  • Creating custom ribbon in Access 2010 to replicate menu from 2003
  • Troubleshooting and problem resolution of any issues that arise from migration

123 Company,Inc Dec 2006 – Nov 2012
QA Analyst

Achievements:
  • Assisted with CS Support Help Desk calls with questions that they had regarding larger issues than password resets/log ins.
  • Controlled security via Active Directory with new hires. i.e. security, pages, permissions.
  • Tested and presented proposals to enhance system functionality.
  • Took a lead in initiating new ideas for new processes within XXX and/or XXX.
  • Created all testing plans and executed tests to implement a new process I developed within dual entry for XXX/XXX.
Responsibilities:
  • Maintained role that was centered around test development, scheduling/execution, and test automation
  • Assisted and lead test project management and activities
  • Strong experience with AGILE and SCRUM
  • Created detailed QA documentation and initiatives
  • Actively participated and lead test planning meetings, daily SCRUMS and project status meetings.
  • Developed and maintained automated test case and bug tracking system through Jira and HPQC
  • Designed and developed test case development to coincide with company standards and procedures.
  • Led testing efforts with business analysts, developers, and offshore QA testers.
  • Kept and maintained all testing requirements in HPQC.
  • Wrote and executed all manual test steps in HPQC
  • Lead the company in SAP testing, for automated/manual testing efforts.
  • Strong Experience with web testing, functional testing and regression testing.

Education
Delavan-Darien High school
1995-1999

Devry University
Currently pursuing a BS Degree in Computer Information Systems

Comments

• matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally, I'd loose the Summary and Obj. Each job a few sentences ( like at this position I did XYZ) and 3-4 bullet points on accomplishments at the position. help/support you will need to have/get experience with AD, Exchange and Windows Servers in general. tier 3 they will be expecting a good amount experience in those.
    Good luck.
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Everything looks pretty good to me. I might elaborate a bit more on your techincal skills.

Also I must say, "Creating custom ribbon in Access 2010 to replicate menu from 2003," seems almost counterproductive to me...isn't the whole point of upgrading to get the most stable, newest and shinest? icon_lol.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Here's a great CBT Nuggets video on building an IT Resume, granted there are numerous ways to make one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw7cdgVtw_o
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • mrcs4lifemrcs4life Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TechGuy215 wrote: »
    Everything looks pretty good to me. I might elaborate a bit more on your techincal skills.

Also I must say, "Creating custom ribbon in Access 2010 to replicate menu from 2003," seems almost counterproductive to me...isn't the whole point of upgrading to get the most stable, newest and shinest? icon_lol.gif
    Ha! So true! However, MS removed the menus in 2007 and came up with ribbons instead.
  • mrcs4lifemrcs4life Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you, matt333 & Vask3n.
    I will make some changes and watch the video as well. The hardest thing for me in creating/updating my resume is that I have a lot of expierence and leadership. I just don't know how or where to include it :/
    #myepicfail
  • philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    I would keep the summary and objectives. It will help you filter through HR and allows the Hiring manager to understand your fit within the first couple sentences.