Options

Help with Subnetting

GREENPUSGREENPUS Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need help with subnetting class a, b, and c. Is there a website that does a good job of explaining this? I suck at math and this is totally boggling my mind. I can handle class C subneting and custom masks but A and B is confusing the bleepers out of me...

Comments

• Options
    kplabkplab Member Posts: 101
    You can also find some practice questions on subnetting in the following website:

http://www.celticrover.com/
    KPLAB
    www.kp-lab.com - Free CCNA, CCNP, and Network+ Study Guides
  • Options
    GREENPUSGREENPUS Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    www.learntosubnet.com

believe it or not I actually tried to use that site before. I am enrolled in a 32 week class at a local college for CCNA. The instructor sucks. anyway he recommended that site. Needless to say it didn't help much. LOL
  • Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    really... what part are you having difficulty with?
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    try the subnetting chapter in wendell odom's book.. very good explanation...
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303

Not sure but isnt there only a 30 dollar package? I been to his website a couple times, I never wanted a whole "package" of ebooks but rather one that is only binary.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    Lame, In april when I bought it the price was just 10 bucks for the Ebook. Still, knowing now what I didnt know then, I would have paid 30 bucks for it. I tried just about everything, Lamelles explanation just flat out confused me, Wendell Odoms even more, learntosubnet didnt help, celticrover, all those. His approach is much much different then any I have ever seen, more like the eastern way of teaching, where you practice something over and over again, not knowing what the hell you are doing in the end, but you master it anyways, and after you master it its like "holy ****, he just taught me how to find the subnet address!"

Think of Karate Kid (sorry for the lame comparison icon_lol.gif ) where Mr Miagi has Daniel paint the fence, wax car, sand deck, all that good stuff, and when daniel was a master painter, waxer, and sander, poof! He could block punches and kicks like a mofo. Kinda like that, you elimanate the fear of learning something hard by not knowing exactly what you are accomplishing. My biggest problem with subnetting was the intimadation factor, becuase I had it explained to me so incredibly poorly many times before in school that it made a roadblock.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    And Spfdz, I did get your PM, but I havent been able to send or reply to messages lately, they just sit in my outbox, sentbox is cleared out. I just said the same thing I said above.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

• Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    subnetting is tough to teach, especially through posting. My best advice you must get out of decimal system, and work strictly in the base2 binary system.