Options

Recommendations for Study Material

falcon2099falcon2099 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any recommendations for what study material one would use to prepare by self-study? A couple of titles that I have heard tossed around are:

A+ Certifiction AIO Exam Guide by Mike Meyers

and

A+ Certification Training Guide (Exam 220-301 Exam 220-302) by Charles Brooks

As there are soooooooo many out there and money is a bit tight I don't really want to buy one and then find out that it's total crap.

Thanks!
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius (c.551-c.479 BC)

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Based on what I've read in similar and "I've passed" posts in the past several years, the AIO Exam Guide by Mike Meyers is 'the' book for A+.
  • Options
    falcon2099falcon2099 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I appreciate the feedback.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius (c.551-c.479 BC)
  • Options
    NobuNobu Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used Total Seminars stuff (Mike Meyers' company) for A+ and Network+, along with the information on this site. Also, I got my vouchers from www.totalsem.com, and you get a really, really excellent testing program along with them which I would say is almost as valuable as the book itself. If you haven't already purchased your test vouchers, I'd suggest going there to get them if only for the testing software unless you can find them for quite a lot less. I wasn't able to, but you may know something that I don't. ;)