Options

Passed both A+ exams by a thread of hair

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
I got 505 out of 900, with a passing grade of 505 for my Core hardware.
I got 515 out of 900 with a passing grade of 515 for my software test.

I don't know whether to feel lucky or unfortunate. o_O

I logically went through each question, and I thought I answered most correctly but it seems my studying wasn't good enough. I read through Sybex and another, large red book. I used practice tests and took lots of notes on everything from POST to printers, so my grade surprised me. Anyone else seen a strange occurence like this? ^^
I also used the notes on this site.

Just happy to be done with that thing. I'd better study harder for my Security+ and CCNA.

KG
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on become A+ certified!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.........a pass is a pass......but I would continue to study
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    elathropelathrop Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'll be taking the A+ in another month and I'll gladly take a 505 or whatever it is I need to pass. I'm afraid of the test because I keep finding different "correct anwers" that contradict one another.
    On one test, a question was: " How much L2 cahe does a Pentium II have?" The answer is 512K. A few questions later the "correct answer to a question is that "the main difference between a Pentium II and a Pentium III is that the Pentium III has more L2 cashe" Well, I'll buy that the PIII has better cashe or faster cashe but all PIII's are listed as having 256 or 512K L2 cashe. That's really got me confused! Also, I'm getting 3 different answers to the question, "how many DMA channels does an AT have?"
    So, I think if you passed, you did great!!! :D
    Webmaster for calendardaze.com ezcalculator.com and digitizedvideo.com
  • Options
    ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    icon_eek.gif Rare scores indeed, a pass is a pass anyway. But I'll recommend that you be extremely careful about Security+. It requires a much higher pass grade. Make sure you go through the objectives and confirm that you are comfortable with each one before taking the exam.
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
  • Options
    Thanks. Yeah, to be honest I really only reviewed and went over the material in a week or so, since I was suppose to have taken the exams a long time ago. I never thought I'd pass on the first try.

I'm definately putting my all into the next few exams. I don't plan to take my CCNA until I can configure routers and answer the questions with my eyes closed.. <_<;;

KG
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you take both on the same day?
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Yes, I took both with a small 30 minute break inbetween. There was mainly just a lot of memorization involved, and they threw lots of tricky questions at me. I've had experience working in the field, so I don't consider the score a huge failure. I was suppose to get my A+ years ago but procrastinated until recently when I picked up a few books and studied. I spent one week studying for each test and took them, thinking that I would fail at least the OS portion. I'm glad I was wrong. :)

KG
  • Options
    SemyazaSemyaza Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    =" "how many DMA channels does an AT have?"

I had that same problem my book told me AT has 4 then the test software with the book itself said it was 8, I dodged that question on the exam though so meh, chances it will ask you gotta be small as hell.
    A+ Core, Working on A+ OS.