Options

monitor question

jdstonejdstone Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys..

heres the prob i'm having. my computer is running xp and i have user profiles set up..when we log off one and onto another, the screen becomes too big. let me try to explain...

see the screen you're looking at now, on your monitor. you can see the taskbar at the bottom. well when we switch profiles, that goes away, and i have to move my mouse down to make the screen move down to get to that. the same thing with the left and right sides as well. the monitor is a 15" hp lcd.

any ideas? its driving me insane.

Comments

• Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    LCDs have a native resolution. If you set the res higher than the native it will scroll like you are experiencing. The problem profiles probably has a higher resolution set than the working profile. Change the profiles to match.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    jdstonejdstone Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    any idea how to do that?
  • Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
    Right click on the desktop and select "properties". Then click the "Settings" tab. Once there you'll see the "screen resolution" slider on the left.
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe you change it the same way you would without profiles. Change to the problem profile and right click on your desktop. Select properties. Go to the settings tab and change the slider bar under screen resolution to the setting the other profile is on. You can check the setting of the other profile by doing this same action under the first profile.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan