Options

Prometric :(

So my first time using them to book a Microsoft exam, I am unable to find one that is in my area or near where I work, seems like there will closing down most of them in the UK. My experience with Pearson vue is better with there test centres are all close to me, great if you want to do anything else but microsoft.

This all came to light when i wanted to book my first test for my MCSA 2012, so have used pearson vue for cisco, comptia and Exin
Currently Studying: CCNP Security
300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
300-208 - TBC
300-210 - TBC

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Same here. I have to drive out of state to take Microsoft exams. 2 hour drive each direction. Totally sucks. In contrast, there are multiple Pearson Vue testing centers in my area.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    As far as I remember being told, Prometric is done and closing down... Vendors that test with Prometric suppose to be migrating to Pearson VUE. That is what I have been told anyways...
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Weren't Microsoft with Pearson back in the day? I mean like, 10 years ago? I remember taking some MS exams with Pearson and some with Prometric.

Pearson are the better provider IMO. Luckily both are present at my local test center (which itself is 20 minutes from my front door)
  • Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    I think MS was with Pearson until 2007ish. The closest Prometric site for me is 90 miles away. I have 5 Pearson Vue sites within 30 miles. Prometric kept saying for years they were adding more sites, but it appears to be less and less all the time. I think Minnesota has about 7 sites and Wisconsin about 6.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Unfortunately, a lot of testing centres are closing down because more people are choosing to self-study as training courses are relatively expense and it's not viable just to be a testing centre.

I'm sorry to say but that's the way it goes, 3 testing centres in our area have fallen within the last 5 years because of this.
  • Options
    craigaaroncraigaaron Member Posts: 132
    CCNTrainee wrote: »
    As far as I remember being told, Prometric is done and closing down... Vendors that test with Prometric suppose to be migrating to Pearson VUE. That is what I have been told anyways...

not heard anything like that, i know know getting any Microsoft certifications is going to be hard because of the lack of test centers and from what i can tell there is no press release about the changes. so for now it could seem that any microsoft certifcation will look good on your cv because of how difficult it is to get
    Currently Studying: CCNP Security
    300-206 - Completed 04-Jul-2014
    300-209 - Completed 09-May-2017
    300-208 - TBC
    300-210 - TBC
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    Unfortunately, a lot of testing centres are closing down because more people are choosing to self-study as training courses are relatively expense and it's not viable just to be a testing centre.

I'm sorry to say but that's the way it goes, 3 testing centres in our area have fallen within the last 5 years because of this.

Yeah I have heard they hardly make anything hosting the tests, it's the training classes. And with so many community colleges offering similar classes....