Options

I am taking the Security+ Exam on the 25th of September

horusthesunhorusthesun Member Posts: 289
Does anyone have last minutes advise?

The Books I used :
Security Plus for Dummies
]CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-301 Study Guide
Mike Meyers' CompTIA Security+ Certification Passport 3rd Edition
CompTIA Security+ Rapid Review (Exam SY0-301)
Also I watched TrainSignal Security plus videos

I feel ready... I feel excited

Comments

• Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Best of luck...may a pass be in your future! Review all the domains and take the night off before your exam.
  • Options
    Kimura410Kimura410 Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Isn't it awesome when you know you are ready? Great feeling, I'm just about there. As long as you have Darill's book (get certified get ahead), you are good to go. I went through Testout's lab simulations and they were great, but Darill's book made everything come together for me. I would say just keep trying different practice tests because you can get a wide variety of potential test questions.

I didn't want to start a whole thread on this and sorry to hijack, but can I schedule my exam at and for any time? Like could I call the center tuesday and have it scheduled for wednesday? Can it be on such short notice? Just wondering because I have a voucher to use by the 15th and if not, I am screwed. Lack of responsibility on my part, I must admit.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @horusthesun. Make sure you read up on the performance based questions before you take the exam. The good news is that you have plenty of time to do so before the 25th. A Google search on "security+ performance based questions" might help. Good luck.

@Kimura410. Yes, you can schedule your exam for any time and you can even walk in take a test in some testing centers. However, a testing center has a limited number of seats and time slots, so if you do go this route, you might be told "sorry, we don't have any openings right now." Call a testing center close to you and ask them when their busy times and slack times are. In general, testing centers that are open on Saturdays are usually the busiest on Saturdays, and it isn't common for them to be open on Sundays (Sept 15th is a Sunday). I'd suggest you schedule it today for a date before the 15th. Good luck.