Options

out of curiosity..

asmoxasmox Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
i took the A+ tests almost 5 years ago, now.. passed the Core with flying colors, failed the OS, and pretty much forgot about the whole thing up until now. i've been going through some of the uCertify tests for A+ Core, OS, and Net+.. and i'm finding them ridiculously simple.

anybody out there have experience with these tests? how faithful are they to the actual tests regarding complexity? are they really this straight-forward?

i've been reading the cramsession study guides, the technotes on here, and various resources elsewhere.. but i'm just curious about these uCertify tests because i've heard a ton of praise about them.. seems a bit off.

or maybe irq's, bus widths, OSI, and the procedures on installing printers in 50 different OS's are just permanently ingrained in my brain, at this point.

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I hear more people say they are harder than they seem. I took the 2001 objective exam, and I know there are a couple of newer topics I don't know much about, but I think that's because I stopped thinking A+, and am now doing M$ stuff. Not to mention, Ucertify doesn't have the best reputation for it's material.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Never heard of them icon_rolleyes.gif So they are not likely a good place to obtain study material. If MS recommends them, that is one thing, but stick with the more traditional and well used methods to prepare for A+

This site ;)
    CompTIA's objective list
    Meyers AIO book
    CBT Nuggets if you need more than the Meyers book
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?