Options

Brain is melting.....

MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey ppl, have a weird one for you all.

I have a machine here and have just put a new Mobo (k7vt4a pro) in and processor (Sempron 3000). I also got a pretty standard box for it (including PSU). Now here's the problem. When I boot it up no probs, can leave it on for any amount of time. But when I try and install the OS, it copies all the files and when it trys to start windows the machine just powers off, at the same place every time. Its the bosses home machine and he's putting pressure on for it now icon_redface.gif Any idea to what it maybe would be greatly appriciated.

Dave.

Comments

• Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    When I boot it up no probs, can leave it on for any amount of time. But when I try and install the OS, it copies all the files and when it trys to start windows the machine just powers off, at the same place every time.

bom.gif Could be the Hard disk configuration.

If everything else seems fine you might wanna try resetting the BIOS.

It could also be a Windows compatibility issue which means you might checkup MS website for the HCL. (According to the books)

Good luck.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    MetaldaveMetaldave Member Posts: 102 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok, a new development. I installed XP on the HDD on anoter machine then popped it into the problematic machine. And it booted no probs. I installed all drivers and office. As I thought my installation of sp2 was installed as I left it going last night with a collegue. But it failed after unpacking the service pack. Any ideas chaps??
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    I have ran into similar problems with sp2 running from a network install.
    Try setting the auto updates and letting windows auto download and install it.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes