Options

Live Exam vs Tech Exams Practice Questions

SouthpawtechieSouthpawtechie Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen!

I have been lurking here for a long while. I just finished Darril's book with a fair amount of confidence, and currently starting on Professor Messer training. I also just ran through the Techexams Security+ practice questions and more than a few of them looked fairly foreign to me. So my question is, are the questions on this site closely related to the actual exam or are they more closely related to Darril's book. Also, does PM cover anymore than Darril's book? Thanks in advance for the replies.

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We can't answer if the questions on the exam are closely related, because that would be bordering on violating the NDA. That being said, Darril's book does a good job of hitting all of the domains, so subsequently I would believe that the questions are indeed a good prep for the Sec+ exam.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    Good point. Although I definitely was not asking if these questions were what was on the exam, I can see where that could be misconstrued. Maybe to rephrase, for those who have passed, what were ALL of your routes of study-prep? The consensus seems to be Darril's and Professor Messer's books, though I haven't seen much (if any) reference to these practice questions.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Download the objectives from CompTIA as this is the information you are responsible to be familiar with...any of it can appear on your exam.

Sybex has a very good text available that unfortunately doesn't get the credit it deserves, but some may have to do with ones experience with the material?? Otherwise, what sort of experience do you have in the field working with the material? The forum is already filled with many threads of folks explaining what they used, easy to search or just read through the past thread and see that information first hand as many pass the exam and move into other forum...some return to help others, but you may just want to look around at the comments already posted.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Looks like I found my answer only 10 posts below mine. Not sure how I missed that answer as I scour this forum daily. Thanks for the help gentlemen!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums Southpawtechie. Glad you found your answers. The book you have does have the objectives at the front so you don't need to download them again. However, CompTIA has added new Security+ performance based questions since they released the objectives so make sure you read about those before you take the exam.

Good luck.