need to use copy run start at end of each lab?

chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi,

Just wondering dor the ccent exam, is the above needed for points? Just remember someone mentioning it here a while back.
Not too sure if it makes a difference for exam.

Comments

• TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would make sure to always do it at the end of your configuration on any of the sims. It's a good habit to get into, truthfully I'm not sure if you gain/lose points.
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    eddo1 wrote: »
    Just wondering dor the ccent exam, is the above needed for points? Just remember someone mentioning it here a while back. Not too sure if it makes a difference for exam.
    The sims aren't "gamey". If such is needed, trust that they will either tell you directly or imply as much through their instructions. E.g., "Save the final configuration." or "Make sure your changes persist across reboots."'

Then again, saving your work isn't such a bad habit to get into. :)
  • NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Indeed, Cisco has explicitly stated they don't dock points for this on their CCENT/CCNA/CCNP exams--
    But you mentioned the copy run start; a lot of people think that you need to do a copy run start after you do your configuration. In our simulations you do not need to do that. Our configuration is automatically saved in the simulation engine.
    There is an urban myth that you must do a copy run start to get credit for a simulation on the CCNP exams.. So if someone tells you that they failed their exam because the sim was broken and they know because they could not save their configuration, you can have a private laugh knowing why they really failed!

https://www.facebook.com/notes/cisco-certifications/august-9th-2012-mythbusting-the-ccna-simulatrions-with-dennis-masters/10151088084627521

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/19444
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't remember for sure, but I seem to remember that "wr" [and possibly "copy run start"] were even disabled on some Sims. I personally prefer "wr".
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    theodoxa wrote: »
    I don't remember for sure, but I seem to remember that "wr" [and possibly "copy run start"] were even disabled on some Sims. I personally prefer "wr".

I remember at least the CCNP ROUTE and SWITCH exams were not accepting any of these command. On the other hand it doesn`t hurt to get used to type a "do wr" right after your done with your config and are sure you want your running config be in the startup.
    And then, I started a blog ...