Verizon Data Deal

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Don't know how many people still have the unlimited data plan, but I was one of them. Obviously, I didn't want to give it up, but all good things must come to an end. My phone has been especially terrible lately so I knew it was time. I was doing some research online when I ran across a website talking about a little known special data plan. You have to get your upgrade online, no one could confirm that it would work in the stores. Basically, if you choose to buy the phone via their EDGE plan (instead of paying for the phone, you pay for it monthly on your bill and get the option to upgrade after six months) they will give you the option for 6 gigs of data for $30 a month. $30 a month is what I pay for unlimited, but if you go in the store it will only get your 2 gigs a month. Also, they had 8 gigs with tethering for $50 which is what I went with. Figured I'd give everyone the heads up as I don't know how long the deal will last.
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• xXErebuSxXErebuS Member Posts: 230
    Just recently upgraded my G/F's phone; payed ~110$ from Sams Club (like Costco / BJ if you don't have one) for a phone that verizon was asking $300 with 2 year contract (said I wouldn't find it cheaper LOL) and over $600 for full price... with almost 500$ full price discrepancy I don't see how you save any money (25$ extra a month for 20 months - this is typical upgrade eligibility time)...

One reason we went with Verizon again; we were going to save money with T-mobile until running the numbers and seeing that their JUMP plan is just as expensive.

For 6GB a month its only 20$ more than the 2GB so your actually coming up $5 better by doing the 2 year contract. Sure you can upgrade in 6 months as long as you pay half of the phone ( pay twice the amount of the phone each month that is advertised i.e. instead of paying $25 a month you'll need to pay $50 plus normal fees (data/text/call).

On a side note; I had unlimited and I rarely used over 1gig of data =/.

EDIT: It's still $600 full price / $250 2 year contract: Set Your Location

Sams Club: $148.88; but I have seen it as low as $89.99 by following slickdeals.net