Chris Bryant Udemy Videos for CCENT?

beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with the Chris Bryant videos for ICND1/CCENT. I have been in IT for a while doing various types of work and have taken a few CCNA classes. I have GNS3, Chris Bryant and CBT Nuggets videos. I also have Boson Exam Max. Also the Chris Bryant ebook. Just trying to put a plan together to get CCENT within a month or so. Just want to get some advice.

Comments

• lamha88lamha88 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the Chris Bryant's CCNA 2012 (ICND1 and ICND2) on Udemy. His coverage is more detailed than both his Train Signal and the CBT Nuggets series (in my opinion). The only downsides (minor) are the audio and the length of the videos. I've tried playing on my computer, laptop, and Note 2.... and the audio just sounds "tinny." I think Udemy allows you to demo any series for a few minutes. If it doesn't bother you, you should go for it. The amount of content you get is well worth the price of admission. I like the CBT nuggets videos with Jeremy because they tend to be short and succinct, which is perfect for listening to during my 30-40 minute commute. Some of Chris's videos on Udemy drag on for over an hour. If you have the time specifically set aside for studying, this shouldn't be a good reason to hold you back. If you can get it on sale (i think there's a coupon for floating around that allows you to get his CCNA series for like $40), you shouldn't hesitate to get it.

I also enrolled in his CCNA: Security videos on Udemy. Seems like he got a new microphone because the audio no longer sounds "tinny."
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I think Chris offers the discounts through his Bulldogs emails. I was getting them for a while, and there were some times that the Udemy classes were like 90% off.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For the price that Chris offers his courses I would say it is just about unbeatable. Great instructor on the subject. I am even using his courses for my CCNP.
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much everyone, I have enrolled in the Udemy videos. He is a very good teacher, I believe he is CCIE. Very detailed. Seems his book and videos are good. I have the old CBT nuggets too. I am considering going for the new CCENT. I think with his stuff and GNS3 I should be able to do it. I wish all of you the best also. Thanks again
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am currently using Chris Bryant's Udemy videos and they are great! I switch off between the Jemery Cioara's and Chris Byrant's Videos.
    I highly recommend udemy.com for any additional training. I am taking an Excel class of there as well.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @beach5563 - use Jeremy and CBTNuggets as an introduction to the CCENT topics then move on to Chris Bryant and a solid textbook to get to the meat of the subject.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with everyone on here that Chris Bryant's videos are awesome! I've used his training for CCNA Security and all of the CCNP exams. Great stuff!
  • Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    +1 for Chris Bryant. He goes into a lot of detail on his videos. I would proceed with CBT > Chris > Book > Chris again > Test.
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks again guys, I really appreciate that. I may just use his videos and maybe the Sybex book along with GNS3 for hands on. May just take the new test since I'm running out of time for the old one. I will probably just try to get the subnetting down first. I took the test years ago and came so so close. Got to get this thing one way or the other.