Starting on the VM path

Hi guys,

I would like to learn more about visualization and sometime down the line after my second SQL exam look into getting a VCA for the cloud. Thing is I'm not sure where to start, can anyone give me a hand?
70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

Comments

  • SimonD.SimonD. Posts: 111Member
    knownhero wrote: »
    Hi guys,

    I would like to learn more about visualization and sometime down the line after my second SQL exam look into getting a VCA for the cloud. Thing is I'm not sure where to start, can anyone give me a hand?

    The first place you want to look at is the VMware Certification site (vmware.com/certification).

    The exams are currently 50% off due to the introduction of the exam and I am lead to believe that the discount is here for the rest of the year, obviously that can change (currently the exam is £48 rather than the £96 (inc vat) it usually is).

    When you look through the requirements for the VCA course you will see that they have some fundemental web based courses, these take about 3 hours (or so).

    The exam it self is 50 questions long and is a web based exam rather than a proctored exam you may be used to (where you go to a dedicated testing center and are monitored during the exam).

    The exam is relatively easy if you have a decent understanding of the technology, you're not restricted to just ESXi and vCenter tho, so have a good understanding of some of the other VMware products out there.
    My Blog - http://www.everything-virtual.com
    vExpert 2012\2013\2014\2015
  • knownheroknownhero Posts: 450Member
    SimonD. wrote: »
    The first place you want to look at is the VMware Certification site (vmware.com/certification).

    The exams are currently 50% off due to the introduction of the exam and I am lead to believe that the discount is here for the rest of the year, obviously that can change (currently the exam is £48 rather than the £96 (inc vat) it usually is).

    When you look through the requirements for the VCA course you will see that they have some fundemental web based courses, these take about 3 hours (or so).

    The exam it self is 50 questions long and is a web based exam rather than a proctored exam you may be used to (where you go to a dedicated testing center and are monitored during the exam).

    The exam is relatively easy if you have a decent understanding of the technology, you're not restricted to just ESXi and vCenter tho, so have a good understanding of some of the other VMware products out there.


    Yeah I saw that they had some fundamental courses but was confused as you get a vca cloud cert after passing that?
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

    Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Senior Member Posts: 6,785Mod Mod
    Negative. As listed above, you need to take and pass the exam at Pearson Vue in order to complete any VCA. Training is completely optional.
  • SimonD.SimonD. Posts: 111Member
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Negative. As listed above, you need to take and pass the exam at Pearson Vue in order to complete any VCA. Training is completely optional.

    Actually a slight correction, you need to book the exam at Pearson Vue but because the exam is web based you can actually sit it at home or the office, you don't go to the testing center to sit the exam (having now sat two of them).
    My Blog - http://www.everything-virtual.com
    vExpert 2012\2013\2014\2015
Sign In or Register to comment.