Options

Tools to manage IP List

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
Hey everyone, I'm currently looking for freeware tool that can be used as an "IP list" of sorts to manage our office computers and their corresponding addresses (we use static IPs).

For instance, I want to have one column for the IP address, another for the name of the user of that IP, another column for the MAC address (which I can get through arp), and maybe a notes section. I realize populating this would be a manual job which is OK for a network of our size.

We currently use an Excel spreadsheet with tabs but this seems like an unwieldy solution and sometimes lock files get generated on the list if someone leaves it open, etc.
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe this will help you. Its free from solar winds. IP Address Tracker.

Download a FREE trial of IP Address Tracker from SolarWinds

SolarWinds new IP Address Tracker frees you from the evils of spreadsheets, delivering powerful and simple-to-use features that give you a unified view of your IP address space and that enable you to manage it - all for free! IP Address Tracker makes it easy to:
    • Track an unlimited number of IP addresses for a unified, at-a-glance view
    • See which IP addresses are in use and which are not
    • Eliminate manual errors, while ensuring that IP addresses are listed in the right place
    I am going to start using it myself at the company I work for. We currently use excel sheets icon_lol.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Thanks for the link, chris. Cheers
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    abramsgunnerabramsgunner Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Angry IPScanner... I use the old version (2.x). You can add columns and it will pull computer name, MAC, etc (I believe logged in user as well... but maybe not).. then save it as a text file, import into excel (don't remember which delimiter) and you're set... manipulate it any way you want.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you use any inventory software? I know that LanSweeper and Spiceworks can pull this info for you and export it to custom spreadsheets.

I'm currently using LanSweeper, and I love it!! I pull reports giving hostname, IP, Mac, last user, and a "last seen" time stamp.