Options

CCNA vs CCNA Security

celticsfan89celticsfan89 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
Which exam do you feel is harder?

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    CCNA. The specialization exams tend to be a bit easier and concise if you ask me but the CCNA hits a broad spectrum of technologies and lays the groundwork for everything else
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also vote CCNA. CCNA Security mainly focuses on a small number of topics, whereas the CCNA was much broader (and difficult).
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Another vote for CCNA being harder. The material is more and goes into different areas whereas the CCNA;Sec lays a very basic foundation of network security.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    pertpert Member Posts: 250
    Hardest exam I've taken was CCNA Wireless. The ocean wide inch-deep style tests from Cisco are brutal. On the "harder" exams, you can solve the unknown. On the easier I feel like I'm playing Trivial Pursuit: Nerd Edition
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I love you, Pert. I want Morgan Freeman to narrate the exam. icon_cheers.gif

Agreed with CCNA being more difficult. from a standpoint of 'nothing' there's much more difficulty with the CCNA. A lot more going on, a lot of math, and a lot of changes you have to put yourself through and wrap your head around more concepts.
    - Troubleshooting
    - Basic Programming

When you jump into CCNA:Security you've already got yourself used to the way Cisco works, you've passed 1 or 2 tests. You've made the notes, you've watched through the videos, you've done the labs... over... and over... and over. All there is from there is just adding some more security to what best practices and security lessons you've already picked up from studying CCNA (VLANS, for example). It's building upon what you already know.

And GUI. Yey. See. Improvement. Easiness!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams