Options

Is it possible? Master from Unrelated Bachelor

hambos22hambos22 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all! I'm now on my second year in Digital Graphics. I'm giving you some of the courses which i have
  • Visual Communication
  • Web Design
  • Contemporary Contextual Studies
  • Mac & PC Suite
  • Motion Graphics
  • Text & Image
Well, in about a month i'll give ICND1 and my target is CCNA. My question is this: I want to apply for a master in Networked Computer Systems or something relevant. If i have Cisco certifications or some working experience in my resume will they accept me? Is it possible to do that? We are talking about British universities.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    or at least tell me that: Will cisco certifications help me for acceptance in a UK uni masters programme?
  • Options
    wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would definitely say ICND1 will help. You just have to write a good personal statement when you apply. I'm doing a networking msc at sheffield and having studied ccna this year, it really helped me with the assignments. To be honest I would do the CCNA, they just want to know if you are interested and have money :)
  • Options
    In the next 3 years my target is CCNA + CCNP and some months of practice. So you are saying that this will help to my acceptance there? Thank you!
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Well, I don't know about UK but in the US, it depends on the school. Some schools have a prerequisite to have a BS in CS to apply for MS in CS/Networks. Other schools will make you take a bunch of BS level courses to get you up to speed so you wouldn't fail MS level classes. Certificates won't do much besides looking good on your entrance essay. If you want to get MS in CS/Networks, it would be much easier for you now to switch major to CS.

Edit:
    Below are the requirements from the college I attended for my MS.

You must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to apply to this program. You must also have an undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering, along with a superior undergraduate record from an accredited institution. Applicants with comparable degrees in other fields are considered individually for admission.

Generally, entering students must have a basic knowledge of computer fundamentals, such as programming in C++, data structures, and computer architecture. NYU-Poly conditionally admits students with superior academic credentials who lack sufficient background, pending completion of several individually specified preparatory courses. These courses include CS 5303 Introduction to Programming and CS 5403 Data Structures and Algorithms. However, no credit is allowed for any preparatory courses toward this degree. Other preparatory courses may be required. In some cases, students are interviewed to determine the necessary preparatory courses they need. Successful completion with a GPA of B or better is required for transfer to regular status. Admission with advanced standing is accepted in accordance with NYU-Poly regulations.